Artax GLM: width and performance go hand in hand
Artax GLM is the 142-mm wide version of the lightweight and versatile saddle Artax GL.
The anatomical shape of the rear and the pressure relief channel has been designed to avoid numbness and pain on the uneven grounds.
Another feature is the square shape of the front padding, that ensures improved support when pedalling in the “seat tip” sitting position.
One of the problems that may occur with a wide saddle is that the dimension of the saddle can hinder the free movement of the inner thigh muscles, with consequences for the comfort and the effectiveness of the pedal stroke. We’ve overcome this inconvenience shaping the saddle so that no hindrance is created to the movement of the joint and leg (ERGO SHAPE).
The proprietary RLS system allows the saddle cover to be easily replaced without having to change the base. By the way, the coupled double bases offer a better absorption of the vertical vibrations transmitted by the ground.
The differential section rail is made of UD carbon fibre. The shell is built us-ing LCF (Long Carbon Fibers) technology, which makes the saddle just rigid enough and non-deformable over time.
The padding is made of Eva, a very light material, made thicker in the most delicate support points to maximise comfort even on bumpy terrain, for those who prefer a more upright sitting position and those who often use the lower part of the handlebars.
Coating: non-slip cover material, which is just as effective when wet.
- COATING Water-based microfiber
- PADDING Super lightweight EVA
- PADDING SUPPORT PA12 Carbon Reinforced
- SUPPORT STRUCTURE PA12 Long Carbon Fiber (LCF)
- RAIL UD Carbon Fiber T700 Ø 7×9 mm
- DIMENSIONS 275 mm x 142 mm
- WEIGHT (± 5%) 160 g (5.64 oz)
- GRAPHICS Black Mud – Red Mud
| The saddle designed to avoid numbness and pain on the uneven grounds |
- Width 142 mm
- Structure reinforced with long carbon fibers
- Anatomical channel «Pressure relief»
- Thick layer of Eva padding
- Square front for a better support
- Non-slip water-based coating
- Shaping: Semiflat