COPPER PASTE forms an effective layer to separate metal surfaces at temperatures from – 40°C to + 900°C and up to +1200°C for brief periods, thus preventing the metal from seizing. The paraffinic base oil is effective up to a temperature of 280°C and at temperatures above this level lubrication is obtained by the copper particles. These particles also provide optimum corrosion protection for parts which have been treated effectively.
- wide temperature application range of – 40°C to max. + 1200 °C
- forms reliable protection against metal contact
- prevents threaded studs and nuts from seizing
- resistance to fretting rust and vibration
- excellent high-pressure characteristics, even with slow movements
- does not contain any graphite, molybdenum disulphide or lead
Field of application
COPPER PASTE is used as an assembly compound for all types of screws, threads and press-fit connections. Long-term protection against pitting and seizing is provided on account of the high proportion of minute copper particles. The assembly compound has proved its worth in applications subjected to high thermal and mechanical loads, e.g. screw connections on exhaust systems, mounting fittings on turbochargers, press-fit connections for ships’ propellers, threads and screws on hot-steam valves and fittings in hot-steam installations. A fine film of COPPER PASTE on all moving parts of disc brakes provides long-term relief from irritating squealing and whistling noises. Also extremely suitable for slow-turning, highly loaded plain bearings and door hinges on passenger cars.
Note: Not suitable for roller-contact bearings or fast-turning plain bearings.