Uvex Race 8 is a top class aero helmet. Lower air turbulence, superb ventilation performance, maximum power saving – uvex race 8 is the essence of a perfect time trial helmet. And makes pro triathletes a couple of seconds faster. Long distance is the pinnacle of triathlon. Just a few seconds can decide whether you reach the top of the podium, or not. Key is the fastest equipment. The new uvex race 8 has already impressed top athletes including Timo Bracht, Laura Philipp and 2017 Challenge Roth winner, Bart Aernouts. uvex race 8 was developed by uvex engineers and athletes from BMC-Etixx Pro Triathlon Teams. German triathlete Laura Philipp helped further optimize the helmet. To improve aerodynamics, shape is a shortened teardrop.
- The helmet sides feature specially arranged dimples, like those on golf balls, which reduce air resistance and prevent turbulence.
- A central front vent, at the point of maximum standing air pressure, ensures air flows, in one movement, around and through the helmet.
- The litemirror smoke (S1) magnetic visor lens can be operated with one hand, fits the helmet perfectly, and closes seamlessly.
- When not needed, it stores easily on the helmet shell, in a specially designed ‘park position’.
- The helmet’s shape covers the shoulders perfectly, so air flows over the back of the head and body with little turbulence.
- In wind tunnel tests uvex race 8 demonstrates significant reductions in power and time.
- The higher the speed, the more watts saved.
- Tests with uvex athletes measured savings in wind resistance, in the total system, of up to 4.2 %, compared to the previous model.
- Made for: time trialers.
- Special features: aero vent design, hardshell construction, IAS fit system, litemirror smoke (S1) magnetic visor lens.
- Color: white/red.
There are no reviews yet.